Saturday, February 21, 2009

I woke up this morning, after only getting about 5 hours of sleep...I've been going to bed later than usual, and Coleton has been conveniently waking up earlier. I was hosting a prayer breakfast at my house for the women at my church, because Dianna was going to be over at the maternity home to welcome the city leadership class who are demolishing the backyard, to put in a brand new patio and a few other things here and there, and couldn't be here to do so. 
I woke up in a funny disposition. I didn't want to get up and get dressed and put on a smile to greet all of these women into my house, women that I only see on Sundays and barely know, because I was just so tired, and didn't feel very well. These women are so nice, but I was just not feeling up to it. But I got up, got the baby ready, and went out to the kitchen and began helping Dianna get things ready before she left to go to the other house. 
The women came, we all had breakfast, chatted, and then had a devotional, which was lead by our pastors wife. It was honestly, a really great time. I met and spoke to some women I see, but never really see,  if that makes sense. It was really touching to see women who are so close to the Lord, and hear such stories and hardships, and to just know that I'm not alone. I have women around me, who can and will pray for me. It's so comforting.
So anyway, they left, and Coleton and I hung around the house for the rest of the day. I cannot stress how thankful I am that we have a roof over our head, and I have a job where my boss is so understanding of my health situations, and helps me in any way possible. Whoever is reading this, I need to ask you to pray one thing for me... Please pray that I would realize and not take advantage of what I have. I feel like I am beginning to feel like I am entitled to this. I'm not sure I'm wording this correctly, but I don't want to be disrespectful to those helping me, and I feel like I am. Just please pray that I would be mindful of those lending a hand, and always try to help others in need as well. Thanks. (Advice would be greatly appreciated! :))

Ok, so THE BIG NEWS!! Coleton started walking today. ANDDD I caught it on video! =] So that means YOU can see it! I'll put it at the bottom of the entry.) I was SOOO excited, and he was too. He was laughing and smiling so much. I loved every second of it. Around 6, Dianna and I went over to our pastors house, and we all had dinner together, and Coleton and his little (girl)friend from church, who's about a month older than him, played for a couple hours. He was showing off his new walking skills over there too. Looks like I'm gonna have to buy him some good shoes! Any suggestions??



Love! =]

No comments: