I think now that Casey and I have melded our lives together, and our kids are together most of the time, it's a little harder to make both of our styles of parenting mesh well with our children who are already accustomed to what they knew before. Lord knows where trying though! Hopefully there will be a breakthrough and the kids will fall under our rule again. Sometimes I feel like they are the ones in control, but hubs is very good about being the stern one, (allowing me to turn my face away and laugh sometimes.)
I love him.
Today we had pre-marital counseling again, (we're already married, yes) and we're getting close to being done. I really enjoy going and just talking to a person is not biased in the situation and just has an outsiders perspective on our relationship. It's refreshing. He seems pretty confident in our marriage and that makes me feel better, too.
Church was great as well, we did something very different today. Towards the end of the service, our Pastor asked us to take out our cell phones, and text a phone number that they put on the screen, with something we are thankful for. Then, while we were finishing up with worship, the anonymous texts starting appearing on the screen. Some of them were so convicting and very heartfelt. It was a nice way to connect with the people in our church. Hopefully we'll get more involved soon and join a young married's group. We just need to overcome our little issue of never wanting to leave the kids when we have them, to go out and do something for ourselves/marriage. In the end, it'll be worth it.
Well, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, I know I did. It was filled with love and lots of family. So nice to be surrounded by my family, and especially since my Dad lives out here now, I have almost everyone here with me.
Later :)

No comments:
Post a Comment