Well actually, down. We're downsizing to a two bedroom apartment, and let me tell you, downsizing from a spacious 3 bedroom 2 bath house to a 2 bedroom 1 bath apartment, is um, stressful. We've gone through the kids toys and probably gotten rid of (giving to Good Will) about 3/4 of it. Sad, but the kids really don't need that much. They have us, and eachother to entertain them!! Not to mention a shelf full of dvd's and tv. Also, they had WAY to many toys for their own good. So much stuff that a good majority of it, has not even been touched or opened yet. SERIOSULY! So, this has been a little stressful but also pretty exciting for me! I love thinking about our new life in our new little place, and what the Lord holds for us on this new journey.
Not only are we moving into a new place this coming Saturday, but I will also be starting my new job on this coming Wednesday, and honestly will probably be working on the moving day (silent sigh of relief). Moving days stress me out SO much. Even helping other people on their moving day, I don't know what it is about it, I just get so worried that we won't get everything or that the never ending pile of "junk" will just never dissapear! Can anyone relate??
Thankfully though we will have movers helping us with it, and also my husband's father and brother. So that should relieve the stress of the big items. However, I'm sad to be parting with my beloved piano. It's a gorgeous piano, but it just won't fit into our apartment, and I really am upset about it. Hubby gave it to me for my 22nd birthday, and I adore it. I grew up playing the piano, and we would really love to give the kids piano lessons some day. Hopefully I can give it a good home where it will get tuned (haven't tuned it since it moved to my home) and get lots of play!!
My house is getting emptier by the day, and feels a little less like our home. We've lived here as a family for the past almost 5 months, and it's the home that my husband grew up in, but I'm looking forward to moving into our first real place and finally feeling like I can really settle in without worrying when we're going to have to get up and go.
The kids are excited, hubbs and I are excited, and I know the Lord has some amazing things in store for us.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6
3 comments:
I think your outlook is great...that's definitely a "God thing". Praying all goes well...the packing, the move and the new job!
You know, it's true that we ALL have more stuff than we need. Simplifying makes for a less stressful life. Couldn't we all use a little more "calm" in our lives?
Best to you!
I agree that simplifying makes a less stressful life. I always say "clutter free home, clutter free mind" and it is so true. Even when I clean out my car, it helps me to relax just a little more :)
Thank You!
Also, we did make it a point to keep every single one of their books, because they LOVE to read. So that will definitely be a good thing for them to have in our new place along with their bookshelf. Even if they've outgrown the book, we're keeping them in case any other little ones happen to come along.
Post a Comment