Friday, February 11, 2011

My Beauty Secrets

So today it's Show Us Your Life, over at one of my favorite blogs (Kelly's Korner) and I decided to jump in! I don't have much of a daily beauty routine, I normally just wake up, tie my hair up, brush my teeth and I'm out the door. But I though I would share what I do use :)


For my thick curly hair:

I use Suave Professionals: Rosemary Mint Shampoo (It's supposed to be comparable to Aveeda salon products) It smells really good, and works really well with my curlyyyy hair.




and for conditioner, I use Dove Damage Therapy Moisture Conditioner.





It may seem kind of weird that I use different brands of shampoo and conditioner, but I tried the Dove on a whim, and found it worked AMAZINGLY on my hair, so I stuck with it. And I just love how the Suave smells, Rosemary is one of my favorite scents, and it's one of the few shampoos that can actually get my hair to lather anymore. Who knows why??


For skin care:

I use Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Pore Refining Scrub and I LOVE it! I'd been using just regular Ivory soap or other brands but since I've found this, I don't think I'll ever go back. After I wash my face with this, my skin is so smooth and doesn't get oily by the end of the day like it usually would with the other face washes. It's perfect for me!





The face lotion I use a brand called Velocity, and it is sold by Mary Kay. It is a lightweight and extremely moisturizing lotion that I use after I wash my face. It's great because my face goes from extremely dry, to extremely oily, on different days, and this lotion just kind of goes with it :)




Body lotion I love is Alba Very Emolient Body Lotion. It is so soft and smooth, and great for my sensitive skin. I also use it on my son, who also has extremely sensitive skin, and it doesn't seem to bother him. It has a light scent, because I can't stand to use scented body lotion. It's great for just getting out of the shower!





As for Makeup: I normally just put on some L'Oreal Voluminous Naturale Mascara and Burts Bees Pomegranate flavored lip balm and I'm out the door!!




So this is me, all dressed up, haha.


I think I'm definitely more low maintenance. :)





Well, hope you enjoyed my little schpeal about Beauty Tips!



Bye!!


post signature

3 comments:

Gail@Sophisticated Steps said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! Yes, do try the cantaloupe. I can't even begin to tell you how ECSTATIC I am that it makes a visible difference. Hope it helps, you, too.

BTW...I'm a young wife and mother, too...just a few years ahead. :)
I married at 20, had my first at 21 and by the time I was 25, I had three (and the next two weren't twins!) :) Whew!

I'm your newest follower! Have a great day.

Allie said...

Thanks For following! Isn't it exciting with little ones? Hopefully in the next few years we'll have our 3rd then most likely be done :)

I'll be sure to follow your blog too! Take care.

Gail@Sophisticated Steps said...

Exciting, yes. Stressful, yes. Being a mommy is the hardest and most rewarding job all at the same time...but no one prepares you for it, that's for sure! My kiddos are 9,7 and 6 now. Their baby days are one big blur to me. :)

Thanks for following!