Like this morning for example (1 hour ago) he was trying to do something ALL by himself that required some Mama help, (3 year old's don't like help) and I tried to help him. (Keep in mind I'm also on the clock, because my step-daughter needs to be at school) He started throwing a fit and screaming, so I corrected him, and the screaming continued. I put him on time out. (go me!) Then, he keeps getting down from time out, over and over. So I'm thinking "Ok what's the next step" so I say that if he continues to misbehave while on time out, I'm going to take things from his room. (I like giving options) That really gets him upset and he doesn't like that. So he keeps misbehaving, and I go in his room and take his most prized sleeping possession, his dog "Spot". I show him Spot, now MY sleeping buddy, and he is sad. So I'm thinking that was the right thing to do, because he starts to calm down, all the while still saying " I don't wanna be on time out!" But at least he's not kicking and screaming. So, I go to put his shoes and socks on, which he begrudgingly lets me do and we head out the door to get in the car. (Side note: he has an obsession with 1. opening HIS car door 2. buckling himself in (while I watch) 3. closing his car door) So I let him open the door and told him I needed to buckle him in because we were running late (see: first fit). So begins meltdown number 2. And you know, the meltdowns while trying to buckle in an almost 4 year old are SO fun. I finally got him buckled in and let him know that when we got home, he would be going straight back to his favorite place (time out).
So now we're home, and I gave him another option once he started to get upset, yet again, about going on time out. So he's now laying in bed, quietly until he can decide to be a good boy again.
We've only been awake a couple hours now and have faced a couple challenges, not to mention my coffee spilling all over the coffee table (maybe that's why it's called that). Anyway, I think I'm just stressed out because we're leaving for Big Bear tomorrow at 12. I work tonight which means that I need all 4 of us to be packed and ready by tonight before I leave for work, in order for me to get 3 hours of sleep after work in the morning before we leave. Phew!
Anyway, I need to just get my self together, and keep praying that God will help me choose the right things with this kid. Sometimes he drives me crazy, but I love him to death.
Oh one more thing I want to write down so I don't forget, yesterday we went for a drive to look at the xmas lights, all 4 of us. We were in the car and I brought up a topic that Cole and I talked about this previous week. For some reason lately, he is completely against the idea of me ever having a baby (I'm not pregnant) and he is angry about it! So last night he told me that I'm not allowed to ever have a baby, and that if I do, he will take the baby, and throw it in the attic. Also, he said he'll put a cage on top of the baby's crib so it can't get out. So... no baby for us? LOL. How do I react to this?? I'm thinking he just doesn't want to be replaced, but this honestly concerns me for when hubs and I decide to have a little one. Ohhh 3 year olds...
BYE!
No comments:
Post a Comment