Here's my quick story.
I met my husband in July of 2009, and we hit it off on our first date (which was blind by the way). His daughter had just turned 4 at the time, and my son was 1. We got engaged the following March, and married in October of 2010. My son is turning 4 this month, and his daughter is almost 7! Time flies! We've gone through a lot in these few years. I have sole physical custody of my son, and hubs has 50/50 with his ex. I adore my step-daughter. I'm grateful that I met her when she was 4, because it's allowed me to form a great bond with her. It is very hard at times dealing with his ex, and we try our best to get through it without stooping to a disrespectful level. We look to the Lord for strength in raising our blended family, and dealing with our trials every day. We don't have any children together yet, but hope to in a few years.
I'd like to meet some fellow step-moms. Feel free to say hello and let's talk about our cute kids! :)
2 comments:
Being a step-mom is hard! I've been one since September 2010. And unless you are one... NO one understands your situation!
Amen to that!!
Post a Comment