Friday, April 27, 2012
No Facebook, No TV
We decided to get rid of our television service completely (along with our home phone that we barely used) because of our looking at our budget and saying "EEK!", and noticed that would be a great and easy place to save some $$. The day that cable was cut off, (Tuesday April 24th, 2012) haha, I made a few more changes. I also deactivated my Facebook, and changed around our bedroom (again). (The bedroom was just something I was itching to switch around for a little while) I feel like I needed a fresh start. That's how I explained it to hubby. I feel like so much time is taken away from hubs, and the kids, and given to the tv, or facebook, and I don't like it anymore. I also wanted to have more time to read devotionals that I've started and quite honestly, forgot about. So now, that we no longer have cable tv, and I'm not in the FB world, I'm finding that I'm connecting with my family a lot more. Even in just these past few days! Although hubs was reluctant to shut down the TV, I think he's realizing there are other things to do around here besides watch TV.. and the first night, we lied in bed doing shadows on the ceiling with a flashlight for seriously about 45 minutes, and laughing our butts off! We've also discovered online options, such as Hulu, and already had Netflix which will help "ease" the tension when we just NEED to watch our shows, (Grey's Anatomy, NCIS etc..) So it's been really nice being disconnected from the digital world a little more, and being connected to each other a lot more :)
Who knows if it'll stay like this for a year, a few years, or only a few months. My hubs thinks I'll only make it a month with the room in its current position, and without TV and FB. However, I'm going to try to go for longer. We shall see!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment